Monday, January 7, 2008

this is like our first date!



I just got myself one of these things after having seen so many of them penetrate my repertoire of sites that I visit frequently, and after having decided that I want something better to do with my time and energy when browsing the internet instead of simply doing just that. (I also got an iPod Touch for Christmas and wanted some use for it since the thing isn't exactly intuitive when it comes to social networking sites like MySpace or Facebook.) So expect random, meandering, pointless posts from time to time! haha.

Actually, the point of this was so that I have a more legitimate way to channel and contemplate things that are affecting me or really piquing my interests - like films or music that have struck me recently, or restaurants and ideas that I find to be tasteful and intriguing. Since no one uses Xanga anymore, I thought I'd reserve some of my time and output to something a little more popular (though I'm still planning on posting on my Xanga from time to time, maybe about more personal stuff since, like I said, no one really reads it anymore and I can anticipate few folks laying their eyes on my streams of consciousness and secrets).

At the moment, I'm drafting up a revised Top Ten list for films of the last year (2007) since it's kind of unfair that the original list included films I've yet to actually see. I'm also evaluating a list of films I'm personally looking forward to most for this new year, 2008. 

But aside from film, I still need to outline what my visions and hopes are for this site since I'm really pining for this thing to stay alive and actively-involved in my life for the long run, so I'll have to update with something along the lines of a mission statement or promise or something. Think of it sort of as a New Year's Resolution.

I'm traditionally not good at keeping up with those, but maybe this is the year!

No comments: